The Burlington-Edison School District is seeking qualified applicants for a 3rd grade teacher at Allen Elementary School. The position begins with the 2015-16 school year. The district is located in Skagit County, Washington, and is approximately 70 miles north of Seattle on the I-5 corridor. The enrollment of the K-8 school is approximately 450 students. Priority given to applicants meeting other qualifications who are fluent in Spanish.
- Successfully plan, implement and evaluate effective instructional methods in order to meet varied student aptitude and interests.
- Motivate pupils in accordance with each pupil’s ability to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further participation in the total school program.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a building team and communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
APPLICATION AND HIRING PROCEDURES:
- To apply, go to be.wednet.edu. The Fast Track link is under “Jobs” and “Current Job Opportunities.” For “in-district” applicants, please go through Employee Access to apply on Fast Track.
- Selection will be made based on candidates’ area(s) of expertise and interests as they relate to the existing and future program development and the needs of the district.
- When hiring and promoting personnel, consideration is given to experience and performance in developing effective parent, family and community partnerships.