The Burlington-Edison School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time English Language Learner Teacher (Grades K-8) at Allen Elementary beginning with the 2015-16 school year. The district is located in Skagit County, Washington, approximately 70 miles north of Seattle on the I-5 corridor. Bilingual and bi-literate in Spanish and English required.
- Successfully plan, implement, and evaluate effective instructional methods in order to meet varied student aptitude and interests.
- Consult with classroom teachers who have students eligible for services in the program as well as serve as a resource person.
- Meet with parents in order to plan productively for the individual students and for the program as a whole.
- Supervise, evaluate and schedule instructional assistants assigned to the program.
- To apply, go to be.wednet.edu. The Fast Track link is under “Jobs” and “Current Job Opportunities.” For “in-district” applicants, please go through Employee Access to apply on Fast Track.
- Interviews will be scheduled and selection made based on candidates’ area(s) of expertise and interest as they relate to the existing and future program development and the needs of the district.
- When hiring and promoting personnel, consideration is given to experience and performance in developing effective parent, family, and community partnerships.