The Burlington-Edison School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time Remediation/Literacy Teacher beginning with the 2015-16 school year. The Burlington-Edison School District is located in Skagit County, Washington and is approximately 70 miles north of Seattle on the I-5 corridor. Priority given to applicants who are fluent in English and Spanish.
- Work cooperatively with district and building administrators, teachers, parents, community, and students to improve student proficiency in literacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current approaches in remediation in the area of literacy and its impact in other curricular areas including ability to plan, implement, and evaluate effective instructional curriculum and activities to meet varied student aptitude and interest as well as meeting district and building goals and policies.
- Supervise/plan for multiple Instructional Assistants.
- Support core ELA instruction.
- To apply, go to be.wednet.edu. The Fast Track link is under “Jobs” and “Current Job Opportunities.” For “in-district” applicants, please go through Employee Access to apply on Fast Track.
- Selection will be made based on candidates’ area(s) of expertise and interests as they relate to the existing and future program development and the needs of the district.
- When hiring and promoting personnel, consideration is given to experience and performance in developing effective parent, family and community partnerships.